- This new law takes effect in one year on February 16, 2022.
- All medical examiners/coroners will be required to report construction worker fatalities within 72 hours to the DOL.
- NYS DOL will then request demographics from the employing contractor to determine ethnicity, immigration status, trade and any union affiliation.
- Contractors have 90 days to respond to the DOL or face penalties ranging from $1000.00 to $2500.00 fines.
- DOL will collect data in an effort to reduce fatalities on construction sites.
For the New York Senate Bill S1302, click [here]
City Safety can help keep your jobsite safe by providing management, inspections, programs and training. Reach out to the experts!
Call 212-683-7200 or e-mail email@example.com