As posted in the ASSP recent journal PSJ, Liberty Mutual conducted a study where they identified the 10 most common workplace injuries, which are:
1. Overexertion involving outside sources.
2. Falls on same level.
3. Struck by object or equipment (being hit).
4. Falls to lower level.
5. Other extensions or bodily reactions.
6. Roadway incidents involving motorized land vehicles.
7. Slip or trip without fall.
8. Repetitive motions involving microtasks.
9. Struck against object or equipment (colliding).
10. Caught in or compressed by equipment or objects.
The study also identified two trends:
1. The overall number of serious workplace injuries have decreased, but medical costs increased.
2. Overexertion and falls have consistently been the top two injury causes.