Read OSHA’s top 10 most cited categories. For the 10th year in a row, Fall Protection remains the most cited standard!
- Fall Protection. 5,424 citations.
- Hazard Communication. 3,199 citations.
- Respiratory Protection. 2,649 citations.
- Scaffolding. 2,538 citations.
- Ladders. 2,129 citations.
- Lockout/Tagout. 2,065 citations.
- Powered Industrial Trucks. 1,932 citations.
- Fall Protection – Training Requirements. 1,621 citations.
- Eye and Face Protection. 1,369 citations.
- Machine Guarding. 1,313 citations.
Federal OSHA has written 19,991 citations resulting in $71,677,829 dollars for all standards cited for construction during the period October 2019 through September 2020.
OSHA’s top ten citations in construction:
- Duty to have fall protection. 4,497 citations.
- General Requirements. 1,889 citations.
- Ladders. 1,720 citations.
- Training Requirements.1,378 citations.
- Eye and Face Protection. 1,179 citations.
- General Safety and Health Provisions. 711 citations.
- Head Protection. 641 citations.
- Specific Excavation Requirements. 600 citations
- Fall Protection Systems Criteria & Practices. 512 citations.
- Hazard Communication. 484 citations.
City Safety URGES everyone to get trained in Fall Protection. City Safety can review your program, inspect your site and ensure Fall Protection is a TOP priority.
Data obtained from OSHA’s website – Click Here.